Welcome Guests! The American Yacht Club
welcomes you to historic Newburyport
The club welcomes visitors from other yacht clubs throughout the USA, Canada, and the world.
We request a minimum 24 hour notification of your expected arrival. Moorings, as in most crowded seaports, are always at a premium, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Deep water moorings are difficult to plan on and most of our mooring field is in relatively shallow water. For smaller vessels, we can usually be accommodating on very short notice, but deep-draft vessels and vessels over 50 feet, we may need to refer to other commercial facilities further upriver.
As a rule, the AYC makes every effort to allow you to use one of our guest moorings near our facilities, though members also have moorings across the channel.
We do not have slips, and docking is limited to short intervals only. Please call for more details about our docks and float policies, or read our policies page.
We also recommend you provide your own dinghy or tender, as our launch service generally operates during daylight hours. Stewards are also available to you during daylight hours to assist you. Stewards monitor VHF Channel 72.
With amenities that will bring you back in time to an earlier era.
Though we take great pride in our clubhouse and locker building, you will find it isn’t as fancy and modern as many yacht clubs you may encounter.
1. Reciprocal privileges shall include the priority right to reserve and rent a guest mooring at the current club rate.
2. Each visiting yacht will be limited to a one-week stay.
1. Our launch service is available to all visiting yachtsmen. Call ahead for stewards’ hours.
2. AYC tenders are not available for use by visiting yachtsmen. Please bring your tender if you require off-hours transportation to and from the mooring.
1. The use of heads and shower in the locker house will be extended to visiting yachtsmen during Stewards’ hours.
2. Parking is available to visiting yachtsmen, as long as AYC members are not inconvenienced. Parking is available outside the club gate; however, the gate will be locked after Stewards’ hours.
When the Race Committee hosts a club-sanctioned regatta, boats registered in the event are granted full reciprocal privileges for the duration of the event. Racers may reserve moorings in advance. Those who do not make reservations will be accommodated on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability.
Please respect our buildings, grounds, and members
Be prepared to be treated as a member, not a guest. AYC House Rules will apply to guests. These are posted here and outside near the Steward’s Office.